Potatoes are the favorite of every child in our home. Even the elders too prefer potatoes rather than any other veggies. It can be cooked in different ways each with a different flavor. Be it potato chips or the potato fry which we called the “French fries” in the restaurants, they are all the favorite.
Potato salad is one of the best food for our family members. If you want to give a little different taste with the potatoes, potato salad is one which you can try. I am sure, you and your family will love the new taste of the daily potatoes you cook.
Potato salad is easy to prepare, and if you are going to try this for the first time at your home then you may be in need my help. I will make sure that you prepare the best potato salad for your family, just give a try without hesitating.
You can also learn How To Make an Poached Egg at your free time at home.
About the Recipes:
You can use the potatoes which your family uses. But the white potatoes may be much better because they are more creamy, sweeter and also hold their shape well after cooking. They are also easy to peel because of their thin skin and absorbs the sauce well.
Add salt for the flavor to the boiling water in which the potatoes are boiled. Add a few drops of white vinegar to give the potatoes a subtle flavor punch. The vinegar will be absorbed by the potatoes while boiling and they will get softened with the flavors absorbed.
Pickles can also be added because it makes the taste better. Some leaves of celery and green onions will add more flavor to the crunch of the classic potato salad.
The ingredients you need for the salad are as follows.
- 6 medium white potatoes, about 2½ to 3 pounds, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1½ cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- paprika for garnish
You must try having the best Brazilian Foods
Steps to prepare the potato salad:
The steps are very simple and easy, yet will give you the best yummy potato salad which you had never tried before. It is just a small effort to bring smiles to the family with the same potatoes used daily while cooking.
1. Take a large pot of cold water to which salt has been already added. Put 4-5 potatoes in the pot and boil it. Manage the heat to a medium high or lightly rolling boil and leave it to get boiled for 10-15 minutes.
2. Check the softness of the potatoes, using a knife or fork pierce through the potatoes. Once the potatoes are soft enough, drain them and let cool until able to handle. Then peel off the skin of the potatoes and cut them into large diced pieces.
3. Place the cut pieces of potatoes into another bowl and sprinkle white vinegar and stir them. Allow them to cool about 15 minutes. Add the celery and green onions for the extra flavor. You can also add the boiled eggs finely chopped into the bowl of the potato mixture.
Know the easy steps for How To Cook Rice within few minutes.
4. Take another medium bowl and mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Mix them well and add them to the potato mixture and season it with more salt and pepper required. Sliced the last egg into thin slices and place it on the top of the salad. Increase the flavor of the potatoes with sprinkles of paprika if desired. Lastly, keep it chill for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
The delicious potato salad will surely catch the attention of your family. Making the togetherness of the family more closer, you will really love it. The potato salad will be the favorite of everyone. Friends visit can be best with this salad. Just follow this simple steps to get the best taste of the potatoes.
You must read: How Long To Boil Egg An Expert Answer