Let it be while yawning heavily after a tiring day, waking up from bed or when it is while looking extreme back while parking your car, you may have come through issues on your neck which is a so-called pinched nerve issue. The pinched nerve on your neck can make you feel uneasy even when doing these easy things. Now, this issue can occur for different reasons like sitting or sleeping in a bad posture. So in this content, we are going to share you about the remedies to get rid of this uneasy issue, also give you information about why this issue is caused by your body. Follow our remedies as written and you can say goodbye to this issue.
But before that you might have some questions like, does it harm you with an infection? We will say seriously not, but if it is not taken care properly then you might need to pay a good price for it. So let’s have a look at the causes of pinched nerves and how can it be solved using home stuff.
What are the cause and Symptoms of Pinched nerve in the neck?
A pinched Nerve can be caused due to excessive pressure that has been applied to a specific area of your body. A pinched nerve can occur anytime when a nerve is isolated due to too much pressure by its surrounding tendon, muscle or bones. This can cause the nerve to be squeezed abnormally, resulting in disruption of senses which results in numbness or pain and loss of function in a nearby area of the nerve.
Have a look at How To Get Rid Of Pimple Marks
Causes of Pinched Nerve:
As we have said earlier, a pinched never can happen anytime, even when you are physically fit. There are some common causes of a pinched nerve like an injury, due to arthritis, stress applied to the nerve, intense or sudden physical activity and obesity.
There can be more acute causes of a pinched nerve that are related to other diseases. Yes, a thyroid disease, bone spurs, rheumatoid or even sexual activity in women can cause carpal tunnel syndrome which can cause acute pinched nerve.
If you have sudden pain your body and you have any of these common causes of pinched nerve then you will need to look for more signs of pinched nerves. So let us have a look at the signs of a pinched nerve so you don’t confuse it with other diseases.
Signs of a Pinched Nerve:
There can be a lot of pre or post-occurrence signs of a pinched nerve, some of them have been discussed below.
- Feeling of a pain that seems to be under the skin but with no specific area.
- Numbness or Weakness in the affected area.
- Needle pinching or tingling sensation from the start.
- Numbness or fatigue in hand or leg if you get a pinched nerve there.
If you see any of these symptoms in the earlier or later stages, you surely have a pinched nerve and you should start right off with the process to get rid of the pinched nerve. So let us now have a look the possible ways on how to rid of a pinched nerve.
How to get rid of a Pinched Nerve easily?
There are different ways to treat a Pinched Nerve, some of the most effective methods have been discussed below.
1. Applying Hot or Cold Compress:
Things Required- Ice, Washcloth, re-sealable packet, war water.
How to apply:
- First, you will need to understand which treatment (cold or warm) will be effective for you. To know that, simply apply a little warm or cold warm notice which gives you a more soothing effect.
- Now if you are good with warm compress then soak the washcloth in warm water and press is lightly on the affected area. And if cold is what suits you then simply fill the re-sealable packet with ice cubes and press it lightly again the affected area.
- Leave the cold or warm compress for 10 to 15mins and repeat it every 1-2 hour.
2. Warm Oil and Essential Oil Massage:
Things Required- Coconut oil or Mustard oil (for warm massage), Peppermint or Lavender Oil (Essential Oil)
Even if you don’t have the essential oil you can go for other options as well.
How to use:
Take a drop or two of oil (warm if coconut or mustard oil) on your finger and apply it on the affected area. Now simply massage the area for 10 to 15 minutes and repeat the process twice daily till the pain or numbness fades.
3. Using Ginger:
Things Required- 1 or 2 inches of ginger, honey and a cup of warm water.
How to apply:
- Soak the piece of ginger in the warm water for at least 15minutes
- Now, add half a spoon of honey to the warm ginger tea.
- Consume it before it gets cold.
Consume this ginger & honey tea 2-3times every day for excellent results.
4. In taking Vitamins:
How can vitamins help aid pinched nerve? Well, if you have a deficiency of Vitamins like E, C, B12 and B6 you are prone to having pinched nerves. And consuming such vitamins works to relax your nerves as they have anti-inflammatory properties so consume food or supplements of these vitamins will help aid pinched a nerve.
Some of the best sources of these vitamins are like citrus food, almonds, Avocado, green veggies, seafood and poultry meat.
5. Applying turmeric:
Things Required- Table Spoon of Turmeric, Glass of warm milk or water, honey (optional)
How to Use:
- Add a spoon of Turmeric to the glass of water or milk and steer till it dissolves. Now add honey if you have some with you.
- Now allow the solution to cool down and drink it 1 to 2 times every day. You will notice a soothing effect after drinking it as well as an accelerated relief method.
6. Epsom Salt:
Things Required- A full cup of Epsom salt and bathwater.
How to use:
- Add the cup of Epsom salt to a tub/bucket of water.
- Now soak yourself in the bathtub for 10minutes or run the water with a cup over the affected area for many times.
You can do this 2-3 times in a week. Avoid hair contact.
Also read about how you can Get Rid Of Stuffy Nose
Proper Exercising is probably the best way to fix a pinched nerve. But don’t just start exercising randomly.
What Exercise to perform?
Gently rotate your neck in a clockwise direction and then in anti-clockwise direction. Then move your neck back and forth slowly.
Perform this exercise 15 to 20 times in day for faster pinched nerve relief.
Yoga has been noted to be the best exercise of all time. It can help you avoid as well as get rid of any pain in body when done regularly.
What Yoga poses to perform?
Yoga poses like Extended Side Angle, Cobra pose, fish pose and downward dog pose can help you get relief from a pinched nerve.
To conclude it:
So these were the list of remedies and exercises that you can perform for how to get rid of a pinched nerve in the neck. All of these remedies have been proven to be effective depending on the pain or numbness you have, but you can be sure to have a great effect with these remedies. If you are still facing acute pinched nerve pain and numbness even after performing these remedies for weeks then I would suggest you to contact a doctor immediately, as the issue can lead to huge damage physically. Hope you have found these remedies helpful if you did then leave a comment below.