Avocado, scientific name Parsea Americana, is a flowering plant containing one kind of berry, Avocado, with a single seed. The Avocado tree is evergreen and found almost in tropical (or subtropical) regions where wind continuously blows like Morocco, Portugal, South Africa, Vietnam, Southern part of India, Sri Lanka, etc. There are lots of benefits of Avocado which you are going to know.
The Avocado is a long tree that grows up to (Approx) 20m. leaves of the tree are alternately arranged. The fruit of the tree is pear-shaped, with green thick skins. It is a climacteric fruit which gets ripens after plugging off the tree. The benefits of Avocado is also known as the Alligator’s Pears because of the green harsh skin of the fruit.
The avocado is highly fat-rich fruit containing carbohydrates, proteins, various minerals, and vitamins. Hence it is very beneficial for Human beings. There are many benefits of avocado which have been mentioned and discussed below.
Nutrition Facts of Avocado:
After many types of research, it is found that 100 grams of avocado contain 160 calories in which 15 grams of Fats are available including 2.1 grams of Saturated Fats, 1.8 grams of Polyunsaturated Fats, and 10 grams Monounsaturated Fats.
Apart from these, it contains 9 g Carbohydrates, 7g Dietary Fibers, 2g Proteins. Minerals like 485 mg Potassium, 7 mg Sodium, 1% Calcium, 3% Iron, and 7% Magnesium are also available. Along with all these, Vitamin K (Approx 40%), Vitamin B-6 (15%), Vitamin C (16%), and Vitamin A (2%) are also found in 100 grams of Avocado. Many other beneficial elements are also available like beta-sitosterol, Glutathione, Carotenoids, beta-carotene, lycopene, etc.
If you want to be secured about your health then check out the health insurance the program thatis hosted by Apollo.
11 Health Benefits of Avocado:
There are many elements are available in Avocado which is beneficial for human health. Below we have mentioned the benefits of Avocado.
1. Cancer Preventive Factor: In many types of research, it is found that Avocado contains Glutathione, Carotenoids, Monounsaturated fats that protect the cells from cancer and if the cell is already affected then these elements kill the affected cells. That is why many types of research have been going with Avocado to prevent cancer. It is found beneficial for lowering the risks of breast cancer and prostate cancer the most.
2. Heart Health: Avocado is good for a healthy heart too because it contains beta-sitosterol which controls the cholesterol level to the healthy level. Potassium helps to relax the blood vessels and arteries so that the blood never get clotted, hence lowers the risks of heart attack and stroke. Benefits of Avocado also helps HDL cholesterol to fight against Atherosclerosis, one kind of vascular disease.
3. Kidney Health: As earlier said that Potassium relaxes the blood vessels and arteries, hence prevent the blood from clotting. As a result, the heart rate remains normal which is required to balance the fluid supply to the cells as well as to all organs including Kidney. So it is beneficial for the kidney too to functions properly.
4. Liver Health: Avocado is good for the liver too. Recently in an ongoing research, researchers have found that some organic compounds are available in Avocado which helps to cure lever damages caused due to Hepatitis C. But they are not yet able to specify the compounds.
5. Cure Arthritis: Arthritis is one of the most common problems for human beings. And millions are suffering the pain of tissues, joints, and muscles. But after a study, it is found that Avocado contains phytochemicals, carotenoids, flavonoids, omega 3 fatty acid, fatty alcohols, etc. And all these compounds are really fruitful to reduce the pain of arthritis. After the study Avocado is being prescribed to many arthritis patients.
6. Good for Digestion: As we all know that fibers are good for digestion as well as to cure intestine. And avocado contains both the soluble and insoluble fibers that help to repair the food canals of the human body; hence it stimulates the digestive juices, enhances the digestion, passes the digested food through the intestine smoothly, and also helps the blood vessels to absorb the nutrients out of the stomach. Those who have constipation and other such problems can have avocados in their diet for a better result.
Also, have a look at Cantaloupe Benefits on your health.
7. Improve Eye Sight: Nowadays, eye problems are most common and that is why often people take it as less important and faces problems like cataracts, macular degeneration, and other diseases related to age. Benefits of Avocado also helps to prevent eye problems that are happened due to the unpaired radicals which are very reactive and gather in the tissues of the eye and worsens the situations. Carotenoids like Lutein, Zeaxanthin, etc neutralize the reactivity and protect the eyes.
8. Skin and Hair Care: We mostly heard of Avocado in case of anti-aging creams, hair oil, or shampoos because Avocado contains elements really beneficial for skin and hair. The elements are Beta- Carotene and Lycopene. These two elements help to repair dry and damaged skin as well as to prevent aging. In case of repairing dry hairs, Beta –Carotene and Lycopene are also very fruitful.
9. Prevents VKDB: Nowadays many newborn babies are born with VKDB disease, Vitamin K Deficiency Bleeding, due to the Vitamin K deficiency in the diet of the mother of those newborn babies. And as a result, the newborn babies can not stop bleeding. Avocado helps to prevent VKDB. It fulfills the daily requirements of vitamin K for the pregnant women up to 40%. So adding Avocado in the diet of pregnant women can be very beneficial for the mother and the baby too.
Have a look at the Benefits of Coconut Oil on your body and skin.
10. Beneficial for Halitosis: Halitosis, or bad breath, is very common. More than 80 millions human beings are suffering from chronic halitosis. And such situation arises mostly because of indigestion, upset stomachs, and bacterial attacks. Flavonoids, found in the benefits of Avocado, are an anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant compound that kill bacteria and refreshes the mouth. Avocado helps in digestion too. So it is beneficial for improving digestion, and to lower bacterial attacks, lowers the problem of halitosis.
11. Controls Blood Glucose Level: A little rise in Blood sugar level can be very dangerous for diabetic patients. That is why they try hard and soul to control the blood sugar level. Avocado is helpful for controlling blood sugar level also. The extract of Avocado leaf is found helpful to balance the blood sugar level.
Avocado is healthy fruit full of many beneficial elements and compounds, but it might be very dangerous too. Sometimes avocado causes Migraines, as a result, nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light can be felt. Those who have felt such symptoms must avoid Avocado. These are the 11 Health Benefits of Avocado. Those who have problems related to such diseases must consult with their doctors or dietitians before consuming Avocado. It is good but can be bad also if cautions are not followed. So consult with your dietitian about Avocado and have different healthy preparations for it.