After long hours of work and hectic schedule, isn’t it tiresome to cook? Many of us prefer ordering food from outside to satisfy our hunger. Sometimes it is expensive and at the mean time unhealthy too. Now how bout a compromise and make food that has every mineral, vitamins and all the right kinds of stuffs? It is always good to cook something by yourself because you know your taste, and you know what do you want on your plate. Crock pot recipes deal with a great taste; it is easy to prepare and healthy too and of course cheap then the typical meal you order from outside.
I have come up with some recipes for the crock pot that will make your breakfast and dinner go yum-yum. A full stomach leads to an elegant mood but do not over eat, you know the consequences. Anyway, below are some crock pot recipes for veggies and non-veggies.
In case you want to burn fat then click on the link given Fat Burning Foods You Must Have
Crock Pot Recipes for Veggies and semi Veggies
1. Charro Beans:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of charro beans.
- Coriander finely chopped.
- Four green chilis smashed or chopped.
- One small garlic crushed with thumb or cut with a knife.
- One onion cut into 6 to 8 pieces.
- Half a thumb size ginger smashed in a mortar.
- Salt to taste.
- 3 cups of water.
- One tomato cut into small pieces.
How to prepare:
Wash the beans properly and add chili, garlic, onion, ginger, tomato and salt all together in the crock pot. Set the timer for 5 hours. Take out the beans in a cup or a small bowl and sprinkle the chopped coriander and enjoy.
2. Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata:
When you are hungry and if you haven’t tried spinach mozzarella frittata then you certainly have missed something amazing. Therefore, here’s the simple ingredients and recipe for the crock pot that you will love.
The link is for all the foodies. Feel free to tap your mouse on the link Brazilian Foods That You Should Try At Least Once In A Lifetime
- One tomato finely chopped.
- Three eggs.
- Chopped onions bout 1/2 a cup.
- 1 cup of baby spinach finely cut and the stems removed.
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/4 tbs of white pepper.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Take a small frying pan and heat the olive oil for five minutes. Lightly apply the oil on the side wall of the crock pot (slow cooker) so that the cooker becomes non-sticky. Combine all the ingredients and at last sprinkle the cheese and onion. Cook on low for 1 to 1 half hours. Don’t forget to cover cooker before you set the timer.
3. Banana Bread:
Many of us feel yuk even to think of eating over ripe banana. Banana bread is one of the ultimate solutions from throwing them in garbage. It tastes great and looks great too.
- Take 3 whole medium size bananas and mash them.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1/2 cup of butter cubed or softened.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 cup of all purposes flour.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Manuals for preparation:
First mix butter, sugar, and eggs nicely in a bowl. After that add baking soda, 1 cup of flour, and salt. Add the remaining flour. If the mixture is too thick use water but keep in mind that it shouldn’t be too thin. Now mash the bananas and add them to the mixture and mix it nicely. If you have any second thoughts of putting any extra ingredients, it will be a good time to put. Now apply butter on the side wall of the crock pot and pour the mixture in it. Turn the timer for 4 hours in low heat. The bread will bounce back at the top with a little brown color.
4. Chocolate lava cake:
Chocolate lava cake is something which everyone will love to put it in their mouth. It has that mouth watering decent look of the items you see in restaurants and no doubt it tastes quite amazing. You must be wondering that it must be tough to prepare but it is not. See below and learn to cook it.
- 4and 1/4 cups of milk.
- Take 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 3 whole eggs.
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips.
- 1 box of betty croker super moist, triple chocolate fudge cake mix.
- And finally instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix.
Take a large bowl and put together the cake mix, oil, water, and eggs. Mix it using an electric mixer for near about 30 seconds. After that grease the crock pot with cooking spray and pour the cake mix in it. Take another bowl and mix milk with pudding for two minutes. Wait for 2 more minutes until it soft-sets. Now take this mixture of milk and pudding and pour over the cake mix. After that sprinkle the chocolate chips over it. Cover your cake and bake it for 3 to 4 hours.
Easiest Cupcake Recipes To Make Cupcakes On Your Home try it and eat delicious
Crock pot recipes for non-veggies
1. Lemon garlic slow cooker Chicken:
Lemon garlic chicken is one of the easiest and tastiest food items that you should try at home.
- 1 and 1/2 lemons (juiced).
- 6 to 8 chicken breast.
- 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley finely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp pepper.
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic chopped finely.
- 1/3 cup of olive oil.
Instruction to prepare:
Take a zippy bag and name it something funny. Now fill the bag with all the ingredients and seal it after pressing out the air. Freeze it for complete 3 days. Take out the zippy and put it in a casserole dish or anything of your convenience to prevent from leaking. Now gently put the bag in the crock pot. Cook it over low heat for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
2. Slow cooker corn and shrimp chowder:
Cold weather, lazy day, warm smell of food… Great! Corn and shrimp chowder prove to be an excellent partner for this kind of seasons. Try it and you’ll love it.
- 12 shrimp with its skin and tail peeled off.
- 16oz bag of frozen sweet corn.
- 1/2 cup of flour.
- 4 cups of chicken broth.
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- 1/2 pound of baby potatoes.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup cream (heavy).
- Wash and dice potatoes into bite sized chunks
- Add potatoes and corn to slow cooker and toss to coat with flour
- Add cajun seasoning and broth
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- Switch slow cooker to high
- Add cream and shrimp
- Cook for another 30-60 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and pink
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve
Wash and cut the potatoes into small piece.Toss the potatoes and corn to coat with flour and put it in the slow cooker. Add broth and Cajun seasoning too. Cover the pot and cook it over low heat for 4 to 6 hours. After that switch the slow cooker on high heat. Now add the shrimp and cream and cook it for another 1 hour until the shrimp turn its color into pink. Finally, add salt to taste. Bon-appetite and enjoy.
3. Chinese pork and vegetable hot pot:
It is a traditional Chinese dish. Doesn’t it look yummy? Yes, it is yummy! Chinese pork and vegetable hot pot is very simple and richly flavored. It is an excellent companion for cold seasons, and it is best suited for crock pot cooking.
- 8 cloves of peeled garlic.
- 1 cup of Chinese cooking wine or dry white wine if unavailable.
- 800 g of boneless pork shoulder finely cut.
- 5 medium size pieces of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks.
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise.
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- 1 long red chili thinly chopped.
- 2 beef stock cubes.
- 4 Mustard leafs.
Methods of preparation:
Put together and combine cooking wine, pork, soy sauce, garlic, mustard leaf, ginger, sugar, beef and 2 cups of water and put it in the crock pot. Cook it for 4 to 5 hours or until the pork is tender. After that add bok choy and turn to coat in pan juice stand. Cover it and keep it for another 5 to 10 minutes till the bok wilts.
Have fun cooking the said dishes mentioned above. Stay healthy, eat yum-yum and have a good day. I hope the article was helpful. Anyway, feel free to comment your thoughts. Thank you!